General Description (Samarium Cobalt)
As part of the rare earth group of permanent magnets, samarium cobalt - SmCo magnets typically fall into two families of materials. They include rare earth SmCo5 and Sm2Co17 and are referred to as 1:5 and 2:17 materials. There are three types of SmCo magnets according to different manufacturing processes: sintered magnet, bonded magnet, and injection molded magnet. SmCo magnet is high performance, low temperature coefficient, and mainly made of samarium and cobalt and other rare-earth elements. Its biggest advantage is high working temperature upto 300 °C. It does not need to be coated because it is difficult to be eroded and oxidized, thus it is widely used in motor, watch, transducers, instruments, positional detector, generator, radar, etc.
Key features for sintered SmCo Magnet
- The most excellent temperature characteristics in Rare Earth magnet family since mid-1960s
- Manufactured by a powder metallurgical process which involves the sintering of powder under vaccum. As part of rare earth group of magnets, SmCo magnets typically fall into two families of materials. They include SmCo5 and Sm2Co17, and commonly referred to as 1:5 and 2:17 materials
- Good corrosion resistance and no special surface treatment is required, which makes SmCo an excellent choice for compact designs where high temperature environments my be present
- Grinding and slicing can be operated into the desired shape and size
Key features for bonded SmCo Magnet
- Being manufactured using both injection and compression moulding techniques, particularly suitable for high volume production of a wide variety of shapes and size ranges.
- Rare-Earth Samarium Cobalt 5 and Rare-Earth Samarium 2 Cobalt 17, two different types of powders are applied to production to be varied to achieve the desired magnetic performance
- Precise dimensional control is achieved in both processed and usually the component does not require further machining
- Due to excellent corrosion resistance, coating is not recommended for products
Key features for injection moulding SmCo Magnets
- Flexible in shape
- Precise in size
- Good at consistency
- Recombination compaction
- Flexible in magnetization orientation
- High mechanical strength
Comparison of NdFeB and SmCo Magnet
||10 to 48
||Low to Medium
RE SmCo magnet can be used in many modern high-tech industries, such as acoustics, motors, MRI, electron, electrical computer, machining, measuring meter, oil, metallurgical industrial and so on.
Shape: All kinds of permanent materials such as squares, rounds, rings, tiles, bars, polygons can be supplied according to customer's requirements.
Delivery after magnetization in accordance with blue prints.